Use this page to identify a need on this wiki. If you think a page is needed, or a template, or are having trouble converting one of your old pages over, explain the situation below.
Template for species/taxobox. (Something that would help in providing detailed information regarding a species and/or race of beings.)
Template for speedy deletion. (Something that would help in removing unneeded/blank pages or those that were created via broken links.)
- Done. Be sure to read the page for info on how to use this template -Todd McCloud (talk) 23:59, 31 August 2014 (EDT)
Template for infoboxes, notably aircraft. I tried importing the code over from Wikipedia or iiWiki, but it doesn't seem to work.
Some format available for collapsible/expandable, bullet or non-bullet lists that can be used in infoboxes.
I don't know what I did, I tried to edit a template, and it crashed and burned. In trying to find the source of the problem, I messed something up and now it doesn't want to work at all. http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=Template:Fossil_range
Template for Infobox/Language (something for identifying information pertaining to an IC language).
- I'm working on an infobox on the Thursian page. Perhaps we can adapt that for general use? --Kohlandia (talk) 21:20, 14 January 2015 (EST)
- You may develop a Template:Language if you wish, or import one from another wiki. --Todd McCloud (talk) 22:25, 14 January 2015 (EST)
There are now two different templates for Currency Infoboxes. (Template:Infobox currency and Template:Infobox Currency). I created the former in May 2014, and Union of Christian States created the latter the following month. Is there some way that we can resolve these two infoboxes, which use entirely different names for their elements, and are each now used by multiple nations to get one unified currency infobox? Redentro (talk) 17:15, 12 August 2015 (EDT)
- If they're the same template, I'll just delete the newer one.-Todd McCloud (talk) 21:51, 14 August 2015 (EDT)
- Verbatim from the upload page: "Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, svg, tiff, bmp, apng." None of those are audio extensions. There may be a way to upload something like an .oog file, but I believe that would have to be done via getting into the messy coding. For the time being, you can link to offsite content (within reason) via the [[httpaddress This is the text I use to describe the content]] tag. -Todd McCloud (talk) 21:51, 14 August 2015 (EDT)
- This is a known issue. It's probably the result of missing software that failed to upload when the servers switched. The site admin has been informed and (hopefully) will resolve the issue soon. --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 18:58, 30 March 2015 (EDT)
Upgrade to MediaWiki 1.24
It might help with some of the issues we're having here, like the Internal Error messages.
- Thanks. I don't know if it's the result of using an old version, or just remaining quirks form the server switch, but the site admin will look into it. --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 19:00, 30 March 2015 (EDT)
I try to upload a picture file but all I get is the following: Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public".
- There are a number of issues we are working to resolve since the server switch. This is one of them. --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 15:54, 11 April 2015 (EDT)
- There's no need to be rude. What I meant was, NSwiki was recently (March 6-7) relocated to a new server. There are several problems that remain since we had to make that move. These include image uploads and missing software on a few templates. We are currently working on them. They'll be resolved soon (we hope). --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 23:12, 15 April 2015 (EDT)
Templates & image errors
There are several things that are lacking on here, that IIwiki possesses, this includes various templates, infoboxes, and also whenever I make an attempt to upload an image it says (Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public") and I hope that the problems are resolved quickly because without the templates, and images my pages are lacking. Thank you for your time.
- Please see the section above. It's being worked on. --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 17:53, 9 April 2015 (EDT)
I refounded (not intentionally mind you)the region of Isolation two weeks ago, and it appears the edit bots just got around to updating the page on this wiki. Thing is... Well, See for yourselves. Looks like everything got set to -1 for some reason. -The Candy Of Bottles, AKA Tarbellville.
- Whoa. Well, obviously, I don't know how to fiddle with the bot. But we have a few choices here: 1) we can edit the page manually and see what the bot does next time it updates, or 2) we can delete the page and allow the bot to recreate it and essentially reset itself, or, finally, 3) you can just overwrite the page completely and replace it with original content. Let me know what you want to do. (Todd, anything to add?) --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 14:29, 3 May 2015 (EDT)
Huh. That's weird. It looks better now, but it's still not quite right. I have the actual nation page here for reference. I honestly don't know what to do here, but I'm leaning towards deleting the page and letting the bot remake it. At least some of it is right now. -The Candy Of Bottles, AKA Tarbellville.
- That was me fiddling with the page. I'd be happy to delete it if that's what you want to do. The bot-generation should work fine then. --Omigodtheykilledkenny (talk) 22:21, 3 May 2015 (EDT) ... P.S. Add four tildes (~~~~) to sign a comment on talk pages.