World Hit Festival
|World Hit Festival|
|Also known as||World Hit, WHF|
|Executive Producer||Fabio McAlpine|
|Presented by||(list of hosts)|
|Country of Origin||Saintrabina|
|No. of Episodes||59 Festivals|
|Production Location||Hosted by previous winner (with some exceptions)|
2 hours (Semi Finals)3 hours 30 minutes (Grand Final)
|Production Company||World Hit Network|
|Distrubtion||World Hit Network|
16:9 576i (SDTV) (WHF01-WHF18)1080i (HDTV) (WHF19–present)
|Original Release||5 January 2011|
The World Hit Fesitval (WHF) is a multiversal song competition. Each nation shall enter 1 song and 1 artist, and it shall be 'performed' via roleplay. Most nations tend to use a real life tune as a musical backing, but every entry submitted to the World Hit Festival is required to have original lyrics (ie. if you submit a tune, you must re-write the lyrics), so this does mean that instrumental entries are blocked from entering the contest. The World Hit Festival is available for all nations to participate, and participating is highly encouraged.
The World Hit Festival is where more explorative music can be found, perhaps songs that aren't considered "trash music" - even if they do make their regular appearances in the contest. Considered to be the "cosy" contest, The World Hit Festival is a staple show in many nations across the Multiverse for it's nature and its suitable for family gatherings.
The most successful nation at the World Hit Festival is Izmedu, who has won 8 times and has held the record of most wins for the large majority of the existence of the contest, most recently winning the 32nd World Hit Festival. Meanwhile, Izmedu holds the record for the most amount of times that any nation has hosted the competition - seven times in a 13 edition space, hosting in four different cities. Under the current voting system, the nation has the record for the most points won (51 points) set by Britonisea during the Grand Final of World Hit Festival 50, when the 31 participating nations voted on the 17 Grand Finalist songs.
The current winner of World Hit Festival is Kalosia.
- 1 History of the World Hit Festival
- 2 World Hit Festival Board
- 3 Hosting the World Hit Festival
- 4 Winners By Edition
- 5 Junior World Hit Winners By Edition
History of the World Hit Festival
Overseer Era 1: Saintrabina
Overseer Era 2: Euskirribakondara
Overseer Era 3: Kalosia
Overseer Era 4: Izmedu
Overseer Era 5: Britonisea
World Hit Festival Board
main article: Heads of Delegation at the World Hit Festival
As of the 52nd World Hit Festival, the World Hit Festival Headquarters announced they would be constructing the World Hit Festival Board which would compose of former executive producers for the World Hit Festival and/or representatives for the nations that have hosted the World Hit Festival.
The New World Hit Festival Reference Group will be made up of these people;
- The Overseer (The Chairperson): The Chairperson will be the World Hit Festival Overseer who is Guy Autriche. While the Overseer was once employed by BVC, we have now decided that the chairperson will now be fully employed by the World Hit Festival Headquarters which will ICly be separate from BVC - the Britonish broadcaster for World Hit Festival. This will mean that Britonish hostings won't be any different to hostings from other nations, as before ICly, the WHF HQ and BVC were one unit. The Chairperson, or the World Hit Festival Overseer will remain as the Chairperson until the 60th World Hit Festival or 9th Junior World Hit Festival unless they step down beforehand.
- The Junior World Hit Festival Host: The Executive Producer from the broadcasting nation of the host Junior World Hit Festival will be on the Reference Group for a total of 5 senior editions. To give you an example of this, Achaean Republic (the host of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival) will become a member of the WHF Reference Group UNTIL a new host of the Junior World Hit Festival has been chosen. Achaean Republic will have their last Reference Group meeting at the 55th World Hit Festival meeting which is around the time when we should know who will host the 8th Junior World Hit Festival host. They will then be on the board for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival + World Hit Festival 56 until 60. At this time, the Overseer will also step down.
- The Previous 2 Hosts & Current Host: The Previous 2 hosts of the competition will be on the board and the current host too. This will mean that the Executive Producer of the 49th World Hit Festival from Britonisea, the 50th World Hit Festival from Izmedu and the 51st World Hit Festival from the current host, Tödlichebujoku will all be a part of the new World Hit Festival Reference Group. It also means that each Executive Producer will receive a minimum of three editions on the Reference Group. In the case that a nation hosts repetitively, the World Hit Festival Reference Group will urge that a different Executive Producer is chosen to organise the World Hit Festival, however in the case that a member that is already on the Reference Group is Executive Producer, we will simply keep the outgoing member of the Reference Group on the board for another edition (So for example, as Izmedu hosted twice in WHF41 and 40, if the Exec. Producer was the same, instead of having the 41st and 40th spots filled and then the 39th, we would keep the member from the 38th on the board so it'd be members from Izmedu (41, 40), Darkmania (39) and Britonisea (38).
- One or two more!: Each other edition, the chairperson will contact nations who have shown high interest in the World Hit Festival to be a part of the WHF Reference Group. While they won't have Executive Producers, they represent their nation on behalf of their host broadcaster (so they could be someone who is a Producer in their homeland or someone who works with the broadcaster closely; and no, we don't mean someone in front of the camera!). Each member will serve two editions senior editions each (51-52, 53-54, 55-JWHF8-56, 57-58, 59-60)
Nations might be approached based on; 1. A nation that has recently scored in the top three - Ahead of the 53rd WHF, we might be picking two members based on their nation's rankings at the 52nd WHF 2. Nations that, regardless of their results, have consistently participated in the competition. 3. Nations that we believe will one day become "the next big thing" at the World Hit Festival - aimed mostly towards new nations 4. Nations who would like to become World Hit Festival Overseer and would like to know the inner IC works of the Festival 5. The nations chosen on the WHF Reference Group for the 51st and 52nd World Hit Festival will be contacted.
Hosting the World Hit Festival
Winning the World Hit Festival means that the broadcaster who won gets given first choice as to whether they would like to stage the next Festival. The World Hit Festival is a unique opportunity for tourism as thousands go to the World Hit Festival every edition. Moreover, the Festival is great publicity for nations who are hosting with both participating nations and non-participating nations broadcasting the Festival in full, giving hosts the opportunity to showcase their culture and identity to the rest of the Multiverse.
After a nation wins the contest, the World Hit Festival Overseer gains contact with the Winning Broadcaster and discusses whether the Broadcaster would like to host the competition. The Overseer and the Broadcaster have talks about all aspects of the contest including the build-up to and the actual production itself. Once the Overseer and the Broadcaster are happy with what they have, they announce that the sign-ups for the next contest are open, and tens of nations are quick to confirm whether they will continue to participate at the contest or not.
There have been many occasions when the winning broadcaster has decided not to host the contest after their win, most recently happening at the transition from the 36th World Hit Festival to the 37th World Hit Festival. Mercedini's broadcaster rejected the opportunity to host the competition for the second time in three editions, with second place Kalosia eventually hosting the 37th contest in Palmañë. Most notoriously, after the 15th World Hit Festival, both the 1st and 2nd place nations rejected the chance to host, with Titaniumland being the eventual hosts.
The opportunity to host will be passed down to the 5th placing nation if the four broadcasters before all reject the opportunity. If the nation that came 5th does not want to host, the Overseeing nation will be forced to host the competition. However, if the Overseeing nation places within the top 4, it is very likely they will take the opportunity to host the competition before reaching 5th placed nation.
Presenters at the World Hit Festival
main article: List of World Hit Festival presenters
There has been a grand total of 67 different people who have presented over the 51 senior World Hit Festivals, with only three people returning to host on more than one occasion; Taliana Danberahaidia from Euskirribakondara at the 7th and 32nd World Hit Festival. Mátangí from Chameliya at the 18th and 20th World Hit Festival and finally, Evangeline Hope from Britonisea at the 35th and 43rd World Hit Festival.
In 22 different World Hit Festivals, there have been 2 hosts presenting while in 21 different Festivals, there has been a single host. In only two occasions has there been three hosts; the 7th World Hit Festival in Euskirribakondara and the 47th World Hit Festival in Britonisea. In the Junior World Hit Festival, out of seven occasions, in four, there have been two hosts, while the other three Junior World Hit Festivals have had a single host.
List of Hosting Nations
|Number of Times Hosting.||Nation||Editions Hosting|
|6||Britonisea||WHF27, WHF35, WHF38, WHF43, WHF47, WHF49|
|4||Normandy and Picardy|
|Kalosia||WHF19, WHF26, WHF37, WHF42|
Winners By Edition
|01||5 January 2011||Nobrachlesh, Saintrabina||Khanastan||"So Happy You're Not"||Revenge on the World||99||1||NobleBastard|
|02||26 June 2011||Praetoria, Khanastan||Chenkorya||"False Hope"||Zora Agrioli & Aeronwen Abaf||39||7||Olexandrea|
|03||12 August 2011||Amalker, Olexandrea||Astrolinium||"Fax Affectus"||Titania Caspian||TBC|
|04||20 September 2011||Lenahan, Beldonia||Saintrabina||"I Want To Tell You That I Love You"||Śalfumu-Źujdu-Siarumi||TBC|
|05||7 November 2011||Busolaher, Saintrabina||Phoenigetuzstha||"Don't Need You"||Ariana Mago||TBC|
|06||10 January 2012||Radnor, Beldonia||Euskirribakondara||"Bring Me The Locks"||Karolina Etséu & Chieko Orlich||37||2||Albertasby|
|07||2 April 2012||Harrikes, Euskirribakondara||Euskirribakondara||"Ngoma Ya Moyo Wanga"||Totó||TBC|
|08||16 June 2012||Harrikes, Euskirribakondara||Chenkorya||"Buonanotte"||Mademoiselle||36||1||Euskirribakondara|
|09||10 August 2012||Stephani, Chenkorya||Euskirribakondara||"The Call"||Samira & Jan Ardegorrián||44||3||Mediterra|
|10||18 November 2012||Tikuna, Euskirribakondara||Folkand||"Avrihe"||Sabina Bojanovic & The Natives||Euskirribakondara|
|11||10 February 2013||Ceso, Folkand||Euskirribakondara||"Fú L'Historia del Vero"||Juliana Vardell||TBC|
|12||18 October 2013||Korbia, The Atlammes||Kingsley Bedford||"Time To Make A Change"||Sergei Aramov & Carla Rezantia||30||2||Polkopia|
|13||17 January 2014||Sirushostan, Kingsley Bedford||Euskirribakondara||"Suako Danborrada"||Alía, Danburrelgó & HaD||45||5||Kishrael|
|14||31 December 2014||Ovanshire, Vampirum||Communist Quinntopia||"Desire"||Ilya Anyukov||26||1||The Jasminia Islands|
|15||6 March 2015||Rowland, Titaniumland||Ekoz||"Trippin' Out"||Maane Olkje||35||2||Todlichebujoku|
|16||1 May 2015||SterGo, Todlichebujoku||Normandy and Picardy||"Einale Ega"||Sjuzé||23||3||Todlichebujoku|
|17||7 June 2015||Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy||Chameliya||"You"||Mátangí||30||5||Polkopia|
|18||2 July 2015||Senmerí, Chameliya||Chameliya||"You Belong With Me"||Malina Ráná||36||11||Kalosia|
|19||2 August 2015||Kasin, Kalosia||Chameliya||"Stains"||Nání||27||0||Todlichebujoku|
|20||26 August 2015||Senmerí, Chameliya||Normandy and Picardy||"Messages"||Small Lords||30||2||Chameliya|
|21||9 October 2015||Picard, Normandy and Picardy||Normandy and Picardy||"No Life For Me"||Sophie Béatois||22||0||Todlichebujoku|
|22||22 January 2016||Frigidekasai, Todlichebujoku||Todlichebujoku||"Set Us Free"||Henrik Lang & Gabiha Yamaguchi||31||3||Ethane|
|23||23 March 2016||New Sarum, Ethane||Normandy and Picardy||"Al Chasen"||Jon Kallsen||28||8||Ethane|
|24||12 May 2016||Caen, Normandy and Picardy||Normandy and Picardy||"Sœn e Sombe (Blood and Darkness)"||Anna||26||2||The Sarian|
|25||13 July 2016||Gorgona, The Sarian||Kalosia||"Amiral Me"||Paola Amadin||21||2||Ekoz|
|26||19 August 2016||Monterra, Kalosia||Britonisea||"Disappointment"||Rigas Jengiz||20||0||Izmedu|
|27||30 September 2016||Kyvivre, Britonisea||Arioslavia||"Shadows"||The Raven||31||10||Izmedu|
|28||20 November 2016||Telgrad, Arioslavia||Arioslavia||"Stronger"||Irina Gamash||36||2||Izmedu|
|29||1 January 2017||Vodiznad, Izmedu||Izmedu||"Remedy"||Anamarija Lubina||24||0||Polkopia|
|30||10 February 2017||Vodiznad, Izmedu||Izmedu||"Standing Tall"||Katarina Zunic||38||16||Britonisea|
|31||25 March 2017||Mousiki, Izmedu||Euskirribakondara||"По, Дај Ми Любавте"||Nadija Djokanović||36||2||Mercedini|
|32||1 June 2017||Harrikes, Euskirribakondara||Euskirribakondara||"طوّل بالك (Be Patient)"||Samira||22||0||Normandy and Picardy|
|33||15 July 2017||Avranches, Normandy and Picardy||Cosneolta||"Flying Above"||Convikt ft Rachell Nollov||29||1||Izmedu|
|34||26 August 2017||Vodiznad, Izmedu||Mercedini||"Don't Tempt Me"||Daniel Alishkaerni||32||2||Britonisea|
|35||20 October 2017||Junteräpten, Britonisea||Izmedu||"Anger"||Anja Krajacic||26||1||Mercedini|
|36||9 December 2017||Gralicna, Izmedu||Mercedini||"Someone"||M'Folo Asante||32||8||Kalosia|
|37||17 February 2018||Palmañë, Kalosia||Britonisea||"I'm Hurting Too"||Dean Boyst||28||6||Izmedu|
|38||13 April 2018||Doportedas, Britonisea||Darkmania||"Tou Ë Yr (You and Me)"||Cärtenne Sërnänä||25||2||Britonisea|
|39||12 June 2018||Örkendrem, Darkmania||Izmedu||"El Paradais"||Lana Vukusic||42||5||Normandy and Picardy|
|40||13 August 2018||Mousiki, Izmedu||Izmedu||"Hladna pluaya"||Zoran Milos||48||3||Britonisea|
|41||6 October 2018||Polumisec, Izmedu||Kalosia||"Gaja"||Corpus Calosum||37||1||Llalta|
|42||24 November 2018||Altan, Kalosia||Britonisea||"When Our Eyes Meet"||Evangeline Hope||34||3||Llalta|
|43||12 January 2019||Burgendore, Britonisea||Anollasia||"My Heart's Still Beating"||Anima||33||3||Normandy and Picardy|
|44||16 March 2019||Jefferton, Anollasia||Izmedu||"Maja pisma"||Dorotea Viskovic & Nenad Niksic||37||2||Llalta|
|45||11 May 2019||Vodiznad, Izmedu||Izmedu||Sturi-Misni||Dejan Mlakar||32||2||Teesdexxia|
|46||29 June 2019||Polumisec, Izmedu||Britonisea||"Dangerously in Love"||Vhe Qí||28||1||Izmedu|
|47||17 August 2019||Kyvivre, Britonisea||Llalta||"Timeless"||Chiara Albanthina||30||2||Normandy and Picardy|
|48||30 November 2019||St. Christopher, Llalta||Britonisea||"Let Yourself Free"||Gigi Vadeboncoeur||34||5||Estogium|
|49||11 January 2020||Alshkan, Britonisea & Estogium||Izmedu||"Life's Passed Me By"||Franjo Kozina||27||1||Britonisea|
|50||7 March 2020||Vodiznad, Izmedu||Britonisea||"Waiting For You"||Meghan Jorgensen||51||1||Todlichebujoku|
|51||17 May 2020||Sinnlichšukai, Todlichebujoku||Kalosia||"L'Eklisu"||Domeniku Kaľari||34||6||Malta Comino Gozo|
|52||July 2020||Monterra, Kalosia|
Junior World Hit Winners By Edition
|01||22 June 2013||Stepanarvashat, Artsakhestan||Euskirribakondara||He Aloha!||Ahonui Haldagarrián (12)||36||3||Royal Kingdom of Quebec|
|02||15 November 2015||Vastag, Bloodbath Generation||Non-competitive|
|03||28 January 2017||Fauligekaikobu, Tödlichebujoku||Darkmania||Fred I Mitt Land||Änna Kisdemin (12)||23||1||Izmedu|
|04||6 January 2018||Zoloroni, Mercedini||Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic||Mondo Animale||Gruppo Sorriso (11-13)||32||2||Britonisea|
|05||3 November 2018||Tushlark, Togonistan||Izmedu||To poli||Lea Rogosic (14)||32||2||Llalta|
|06||7th October 2019||Mera, Besen||Polkopia||Pust||Viktoriya Mashininya (13)||60||5||Britonisea|
|07||11 April 2020||Juana Díaz and Urbania, Achaean Republic||Togonistan||Karore||Samaria (15)||53||2||Mercedini|
|08||XX December 2020||TBA - Bidding Begins Sept 2020|
- Apart from one nation (Todlichebujoku), all Junior World Hit Festival hosts have yet to host the adult version of World Hit Festival.
- Junior World Hit Festival 2 was deemed non-competitive after the last-minute abandonment of the hosting for the 2nd World Hit Festival.
- Unlike in the World Hit Festival, there has never been an English-language winner of the Junior World Hit Festival so far.
- The televote was brought in at the 6th World Hit Festival in Besen and used therein.